Queer Leadership Retreat
Join us for the eighth annual Queer Leadership Retreat taking place the weekend of November 17th-19th, 2017, in the Sierra Foothills.
Some of the objectives of the retreat include:
- Empowering LGBTQIA students as both individuals and community leaders
- Providing a safe space to build community and share experiences
- Educating ourselves and raising awareness about issues w/in the community
- Developing strategies and enhancing skills for consciousness-raising within the various communities we belong to by exploring our intersecting identities
- Discussing our needs and setting community goals
The retreat will include a mixture of workshops, recreational and team-building activities, and will provide academic resources and peer support. The retreat will be a unique opportunity for students to network, learn, and share their knowledge and experiences. We hope that you will apply to attend the retreat either as a facilitator/home group leader or participant.
Applications available in early Fall 2017!