We are not able to take applications for Fall 2020 due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. Please check back here for updates about our volunteer program pending our Center's re-opening.
Volunteers help make many of the programs and services offered by the UC Davis Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, Asexual Resource Center possible. Volunteers assist with various projects including updating resources, compiling program evaluations, advertising events, and supporting existing programs.
If you are interested in volunteering informally on an as-needed basis, please email Monae at email@example.com.
If you are interested in volunteering regularly, please read on to learn more about our Volunteer Office Assistant program. Community members, undergraduate and graduate students welcome to join.
Below is a list of some sample tasks that Volunteers can do and choose what types of tasks they are interested in and comfortable with (so if tabling or answering phones isn’t quite your thing, don’t worry).
- Updating mailing lists
- Creating a welcoming space at the center by greeting visitors as they come in
- Tabling at events
- Data entry/inputting evaluations into database
- Checking out items in our online library system
- Organizing library/shelving books
- Updating events bulletin boards
- Updating resource binders
- Answering phones
- And more!
- Are interested in supporting the UC Davis LGBTIQA community and making a positive difference.
- Like to have fun.
- Enjoy helping others!
The program welcomes new volunteers every quarter, if you are part of our listerv you should receive the application via email, otherwise please contact Ness Nguyen to be added to our listerv and/or for more information.