Join us for the 9th annual Queer Leadership Retreat taking place at Community of the Great Commission in the Sierra Foothills the weekend of November 17-19 (Friday - Sunday), 2017!
Queer Leadership Retreat is an annual weekend retreat hosted by the Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Intersex Asexual + Resource Center. The purpose of the retreat is to foster identity and community for UC Davis scholars, particularly first year and first year transfer scholars. We aim to center and support queer and trans people of color in our work.
Some of the objectives of the retreat include:
- Empowering LGBTQIA students as both individuals and community leaders
- Providing a safe space to build community and share experiences
- Educating ourselves and raising awareness about issues w/in the community
- Developing strategies and enhancing skills for consciousness-raising within the various communities we belong to by exploring our intersecting identities
- Discussing our needs and setting community goals
The retreat will include a mixture of workshops, recreational and team-building activities, and will provide academic resources and peer support. The retreat will be a unique opportunity for students to network, learn, and share their knowledge and experiences. We hope that you will apply to attend the retreat either as a facilitator/home group leader or participant.
Applications are open and available here! https://goo.gl/forms/Pp3jI2EGIQ37gRUV2
We ask that participants fill out the application by Friday, 27 October 2017 at 11:59pm.